Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Branson


The afternoon of the proposal, Theron took me to Branson where we stayed in a nice hotel and then got out to explore the more unpopulated areas (to the extent that is possible) of the city. We ended up at Lake Tanny Como (which is actually what I would call a creek) and the dam.


In trying to find the dam, we trudged through a hatchery (familiar with the concept but not the real thing) where we saw some of the largest bass I had ever seen (as big as half the size of my body) and then we went outside where you could feed the fish. Here they were separated by size. I thought the little ones were cute. As we explored the hatchery grounds we came to the mating station. This is where (literally) it is several people's jobs to bring in a huge tub of fish, pour anesthetic liquid into it, wait for the fish to pass out, then pull them out and "massage" them until the "juice" came out of all the fish, both male and female. Then someone catches this stuff and they put it in fresh water with no fish and eventually they get babies. Theron got a kick out of this job because we couldn't figure out a kosher job description for that one.

I had fun in the springs at the lake area although pointed out I was technically walking in "fish poop" as they were also used for drainage from the hatchery (after the water is cleaned, it is released).




So, here's a picture in front of the "fish poop" waterfall.






Below is the side of Lake Tanny Como (which is really a rather large creek).








This is the most beautiful "fish poop" waterfalls I have ever seen...




No comments:

Post a Comment