Tuesday, September 8, 2009

a few weeks later...


Poor Theron didn't realize that wedding planning for a date next summer is already behind. I am so glad both my mother and maid-of-honor both have the organization and planning skills I don't have.
Just two weeks after the engagement we drove out to Columbia to look at a winery whose view I remember as being amazing. I used to go there when I was in college and they do weddings. Their website looked very good. Although it was rainy when we arrived, the grounds were decent for sure, but the venue they provided (although pretty on the outside), was not a nice place or a good deal at all.
The venue from the outside, looking behind where the bride and groom would stand in the ceremony. Supposedly the space to the right and left of the walkway seats 200 people, but there was no actual way that we saw that they could do that without doing standing room only.



Theron looking less than thrilled about this place we thought we would really like.



This is where the actual ceremony would be held. They did say that they would provide a tent if it was raining, but look how drab these pictures look after it rained and the sun was coming out. Somehow the water seems like it might be a tricky background.

No comments:

Post a Comment