So, you read everywhere that brides-to-be are usually nervous and worried about if things will turn out right. So of course today (during an incredibly boring Student Government meeting) I paged through my latest issue of Modern Bride and (thanks to their silly, generic list of to-do's cordoned off by months until the wedding) realized how much there is still left to do.
From the time of the engagement until now, I turned my mom loose with her lists and planning and felt reassured that she would pull it all together. However, this week I have started to get nervous about the photographer, since I believe that will be one of the main points of the wedding (and a way by which we will remember it forever). And again, (thanks Modern Bride) I am worried because according to the number 1 wedding-insurance agency, 67% of their claims last year were due to vendors that WENT OUT OF BUSINESS before the wedding they had been paid to help out with. Oh my gosh! I had never thought of that.
Well, Sunday is the Expo in Columbia and my goals are to: 1) figure out who the top vendors are in the area and their prices and products, 2) try to finalize what I would like for the top vendors in the wedding, and 3) bring documentation home to my mom who will then figure everything out (or so I hope) :)
So, I have a big challenge this weekend. I would like to know by Monday who my top pick for photographer, flowers, hair/nails, and music for the wedding. What an overwhelming task!
More later on what actually happens in the planning process. Oy vey!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment